Done By : Bhavdeep Singh
Things dont seem to be going very well for Arsene Wenger in this transfer window as Centre Back Gabriel Paulista picked up an injury in last night’s friendly against Manchester City, this puts the gaffer under a ton of pressure with Per Mertesacker ruled out anyway due to a foot injury and Laurent Koscielny not being able to play in pre season due to an extended vacation. He must now push for a decent Centre Back.
The following are the rumours surrounding Arsenal at the moment
- Riyad Mahrez : Mahrez’s transfer to Arsenal, which was almost imminent a while back, seems to have collapsed, after Claudio Ranieri has expressed a desire to keep the Algerian with the champions. You can read the full story at today.ng
- Alexandre Lacazette : Bad things have come bulk to the gunners as another ‘imminent’ transfer seems to be going south. In the Trophee des Champions match against PSG, Lacazette seems to have conceded a hip injury, while he still has to undergo scans and proper inspection, there is a high chance that this deal is dead as well.
- Thomas Vermaelen : There were a few rumours that the former captain would return to Arsenal, but they were all deemed obsolete after the Belgian arrived in Rome last night to go through a medical with Serie A side, AS Roma
— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) August 7, 2016
- Javier Hernandez : There have been reports in Italy that Arsenal are interested in signing the ex-Manchester United striker, would be a good addition to the squad and a good alternative to Lacazette, but for now, there’s not a lot to it thanks to the fact that Leverkusen are on Tour
- Mauro Icardi : Along with Hernandez, Wenger has been known to be interested in Inter captain Mauro Icardi, according to again, reports in Italy. He faces stern competition from Napoli and Inter themselves, who would like to keep the skipper in an attempt to qualify for Europe under new management
- James Rodriguez and Isco : Several reports in Spain claim that the futures of the duo at Real Madrid are hanging by a lose thread. Marca claims that there has been a 71m pound bid for James by an unknown club, and since Jose Mourinho wants to pull out of the transfer widow if the signing of Pogba is completed, Arsenal seem to emerge as favourites to sign the Colombian. It would be good if Wenger decided to capitalise on Isco as well.
- Lukas Klostermann : To be honest, even I hadn’t heard the name before today but he is known to be admired by the top clubs in Europe, with his speed, strength and versatility, he just might be the one to solve the Gunners’ defensive crisis.
That’s all for the time being, while I would probably be posting more information on anything that takes shape, I would recommend that you follow the site on Twitter (@theplway) for the latest updates on Arsenal transfers
Images : Telegraph, vbet News, 101 Great Goals Sources : Daily Star and Telegraph