Done By : Bhavdeep Singh
Chelsea haven’t had the best transfer window so far, after signing Michy Batshuayi, the buzz around the West London club has gone down, they have been linked with a couple of players though, so here is a roundup of Chelsea’s transfer rumours
- Romelu Lukaku : The Belgian who shone for Everton last season has not ruled out a move to his former club, but the toffees are asking a pretty hefty price for him, in fact, they aren’t completely sure that they want to let him go. Chelsea are prepared to pay 60 million pounds + Loic Remy in exchange for the 23 year old’s services, but there hasn’t been a good response (or any for that matter) to that.
- Mauro Icardi : The Inter captain and his agent seem to be eyeing a move out of the San Siro despite the new manager being confident that he would stay. While Napoli seems like a logical option, they haven’t ruled out a move to the Premier League with Chelsea overtaking Arsenal as the favourite club to sign them, it is an interesting race and would help either club in their current predicament
- Shkodran Mustafi : Again in a race with the North London gunners, Chelsea seem to be interested in German defender Shkodran Mustafi. After their deals with Lindelof and Koulibaily ruptured, Mustafi seems like a good option to help them with their defensive woes, but with good competition from Arsene Wenger’s side, its a tough call
- Thiago Maia : Apparently, Santos president, Modesto Roma arrived in London to hold talks about the 19 year old’s future, who is currently in Rio, participating in the Olympics. Subject to how the talks go, Chelsea should be able to place a bid by the end of the week and the star should be at the club before the window closes.
- Nemanja Matic : The Serbian has expressed an interest to play for Juventus after the latter lost a valuable central midfielder in Paul Pogba, and Allegri declared that he was in the market for one. Matic has apparently told club president, Roman Abramovich that he does not wish to continue with the blues, but new manager, Antonio Conte thinks otherwise.
- Pedro : The Spanish forward has apparently expressed a desire to return to La Liga following a terrible 2015/16 campaign with Chelsea. It does seem like a logical move since he clearly hasn’t fit the style of the Premier League and is probably correct in believing that he would not be starting after the arrival of Colombian, Juan Cuadrado from a loan spell at Juventus
These are the latest transfer rumours that are surrounding Chelsea FC at the moment, if I missed out on something, be sure to mention it in the comments and I’ll have a look, if you like these kind of articles, be sure to leave a like on the site, or on the social media (where you might have found this).
Sources : Bleacher Report, The Week Images : Sky Sports, Mirror, Google, Liverpool Echo